Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dec 1~ Gobble Gobble from Tarma

Tarma, called the "Pearl of the Andes"

Hey Everyone! 

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving because I did!  SO there is this American family that lives in my area, they have lived here for 8 yrs and are from New York (on a mission with the Methodist Church)...we stopped by to wish them Happy Thanksgiving...so they invited us in and we talked for a while and then she gave us HOME MADE PUMPKIN PIE!  It was so good I didn't even want to eat it!  But yah a little taste of America on Thanksgiving was amazing. So I spent a lot of time walking this past week...my area is huge! It's like half city, half corn fields/Peruvian Mountains! To walk my area it would take about 2 hours! The people here are a lot more tough and not really the nicest, but I am growing to love the people here as well! So I hope everyone can go check out the video "He is The Gift"...this is all we are sharing with people this month.  We are giving them a card to go check out this Christmas video! It is amazing and will help you all the remember the true meaning of the Christmas season! 
Love you all..have a good week! 

Btw...will COMPLETE 6 months in the mission this week...crazy how fast time is going by!

Love you all,

Elder Baca

Hey Mother!!! ROGER ROGER COME IN! 
YEAAAH  I'M so happy you got your letters!!! I'm going to start doing that more, it's just a little expensive! It only took about 3 weeks to get there too! And I have not got your package yet..bummer!  My dog bites are healed, only need one more shot! And i bought a super sweet camera here for 100 dollars!  (It's a Sony and is 20 megapixels!) But this area is way hard but Pres says it was really exciting making the change for me to come here, because he knows I am/will be obedient and work super hard!  AND WHAT... I was studying 1 Nephi chapter 11, too, about all his visions his week!  Also I have the Liahona of all the Conference talks which is amazing. LOVE IT!   My Branch is way tiny...maybe 50 people assist every week...but the few members we do have they are way nice and have strong testimonies.  We don't have any real solid investigators here, it'll take some time! But I love you so much...and oh actually found out this week I didn't get my bag stolen...I thought I did, but one of the other elders was like, I saw you take it into the MOTOTAXI...so hmmmm...I think I pulled a typical move, so I am way sorry!  I think I still just need to buy a Bible...like 20 bucks. But I love you!! Have an amazing week!  INTERNET STINKS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Our PENSION IS AWESOME! She works in a restaurant and I'm actually getting fat now hahahah! But i gtg!!! Peace out from my dinosaur computer!

LOVE ELDER BACA

No comments:

Post a Comment