Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dec 15~ Lost and Found





¿Que tal? 
Hey so just want you all to know first off....a Jehovah's Witness came to the church last Monday while I was giving a zone training with Comp...and handed a bag to another Elder and told him to give it to Elder Baca...so he gives me the bag and it had my lost satchel in it!  With my scriptures, glasses, and all my pics from the mission! (usb) But not my camera! She kept it and gave it as a gift to her friend hahaha but I started my week of way good last week getting back all my lost stuff! 

SO this week was probably the toughest week for me in my entire mission, but I am so grateful for the challenges, the hardships, and the moments where I  just need to rely on God out here. We didn't have a single lesson until Thursday, because the people are pretty tough here. But I really feel like God wants me to develop more patience, wants me to be more humble, and wants me to work as hard as I can, but more than anything he wants me to rely on Him! So ya, not going to lie challenges, problems, and when things just dont work out...it really stinks. But everything that happens in our lives, everything that we just dont like...it is an opportunity to learn, develop, and grow..as a person. I am so grateful for the love God has for each and every one of us...He really is always there to help us, whether we realize it or not. 

But to end... after praying this whole week and fasting, yesterday was probably the best day I have had here in Tarma, we found a lot of sweet, humble people yesterday that are ready to change their lives through the Gospel. SO I really gained a testimony and know for a fact..through our trails and hardships, Dios nunca nos deja solos. (God never leaves us alone.) Love you all! And MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON!

btw- this week I'm going to La Merced (the JUNGLE-Google it!) so I'll have some sick pics next week!

Love Elder Baca

Mom-  GOT MY 12th DAY OF CHRISTMAS GIFT LAST WEEK! THANKS so much! Seriously the calendar is the best thing ever!! Love you mom! Thanks for the time and effort you put into that!  Wasn't having the greatest week last week...everyone failed on us, didnt want to hear us, and then that for sure that lifted up my spirit. Oh, FYI don't need to get new glasses or anything! Some random lady had my bag, put all my pics on my USB...took my camera, but returned my bag with the USB in it! So have all my pics! hahaha  So random but such a blessing! --So something I really wanted to study this week was patience...and humillty. It really was a humbling week!  In Alma 5:27-28 he asks a question, are we humble enough, do we have any of our pride that's is holding us back...I really sat there and thought about that. Yes, I always am relying on the Lord...but to be humble enough to seek after His guidance in every aspect of this week...I haven't. So it changed my whole aspect on the mish..I dont want to be sitting home in 2 years asking, could I have done better?...No I want to give my all but more than anything, myself. So this week was a great learning experience for me..because giving myself is the only smart thing I can do really. But I love you mom! Need to know what day and time we are skyping by next week! And sounds like you had a crazy week!  Always good to hear about everything though!  Miss you mom! And love you! My pension is amazing! She's  progressing way good!  Will have more updates next week!
Love elder baca

No comments:

Post a Comment