Monday, December 8, 2014

Dec 8~ Beavers, Condors, Camels...

pueblo en las montanas


what i do to share the gospel with people...




Whats Up Gringos! 
Hey everyone hope you all had a good week! I cant believe its already Monday again this week! This week was a lot better! We found some people to teach and have a couple people progressing! We went up in the mountains in my area this week a ton!... (legit to get up to the mountain pueblos is like a 1/2 mile hike straight up the side of these mountains) and getting to some of the actual houses is pretty rough, too (as seen in my pic) but my area is so pretty! I'll put some pics up to show you!

But something funny that happened this week..is that it was a way slow day one day, and we were just contacting, talking to people all day.  To make things a little more interesting and to make people lighten up a bit we played the contacting game...so what it is...someone picks a word and you have to use that word while talking to someone. SO we used words such as Beavers, Camels, Condors, Doritos, Michael Jackson, etc. hahaha so I walked into a pet store and asked the lady if she had beaver food because I have a pet beaver that lives in my room, and I was being dead serious...she had the most surprised look on her face and was telling me I could feed it gerbil food maybe...and this whole time her co-worker was just dying laughing in the background! But later on I explained to her WHY I am here as a Missionary and from the U.S.,  trying to find beaver food...so its a good way to lighten people up to talk to them about the Gospel! I mean i wouldn't recommend it always.. due to the reactions of people (also telling them I have a Condor in my room, or I saw Camels walking up in the Mountains...is a little like "WHAT?!?!") but it will sure get people to listen to you! hahaha! So that was something funny that happened to me this week! I cant believe its already December again! Hope you all enjoy your CHRISTMAS season! Love you all!


Love Elder Baca
what i do to share the gospel with people...

BUENOS DIAS! QUE tal madre!!! Okay so first things first...SKYPE!!! The week of Christmas (think 22nd to 28th) ..I can pick a day to Skype you guys!!! I would love to Skype on Christmas!!! It would be a Christmas treat so whatever day is best for yall!  And idk about the time yet but ill find out soon. Still haven't got your package yet! Yesterday we didn't have church because of voting again.  SO what I've been studying this week is all the General Conference talks.  Our best investigator is my pension...she has problems with her son drinking and it tears her apart!  I was studying the talk by Elder Tad R. MaCallister about parents...the principle of teachers!! And it helped me think of things I could tell her!!! But something I loved in the BoM is Enos!!! I never realized but the reason why he repented was because of his FATHER.  The words of his father penetrated his heart causing him to repent...so really a parent, their example, their spiritual guiding and correcting...can penetrate the child! SO in this case, I'm thinking she just really needs to be the example...(she accepted a date for the 3rd) and needs to put her foot down (like in the story of Elder MaCallister) because she knows the change her son can make. So go read Enos! Love it! But besides that...a lot of walking around...talking ..contacting...and not a lot of people that want to hear us! It's a lesson I know I'm supposed to learn right now....and I thank God for the challenges, because I am learning to be patient.  Love you mom! Have a good week! And okay ! Ill wait till FEB for the glasses!!! Let me know what day and what time you can Skype! Love you!

ELder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment