Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oct 27~Los Pitufos...and CHEWY Baca

Buenos Buenos Buenos Dias today! 

Hope every one is enjoying the daily life of an American Citizen! SO I want to talk a little about the culture this week I have adapted to. This past week on Saturday, they had an Peruvians Next TOP Dance Crew Competition..its so funny like everyone gets in their dance crews and does all this Peruvian dances all day in this huge stadium that's in my area! But all the dance groups were outside practicing and its just a lot of swirling with big colorful dresses! Also there's this Peruvian music I hear all day..its called Huano...more like whining but go listen to it and try to not get it stuck in your head! Yep so that's my Peruvian culture update.

Everything is going way good In my ward, I think I had the most amazing experience with the Spirit last night in one of my lessons!  SO we are teaching these two teenagers named TUPAC (yes Tupac, but he's Italian) and his sister, and also their mom. The thing is with their mom is that she thinks all the churches are the same, and she told us that before our lesson about Baptism, and the Holy Ghost. Honestly, I don't even remember what I really said, the Spirit was so strong, and all i know I said is exactly what she needed to hear. We taught her that as missionaries we aren't just trying to get more members in our church, but we are trying to bring people unto Christ through Baptism, Un baptismal verdedero con Poder y Authoridad, y en la manera de JesuCristo.  And even though Jesus Christ was perfect, He was baptized to keep the commandments of His Father. But she was talking about the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and how He even asked his Father to let this CUP pass from me...so that showed he had imperfections... SO when she said that, i replied with something like this ... I think it can apply to everyone, "Jesus Christ...He was perfect, perfect in every way imaginable, but when he was suffering and dying for everyone in this earth, suffering and bleeding through every pore for our sins, I know he was going through a pain we can't even imagine that  pain He felt was unbearable, but He did all this this because he loves us, He died for us because He loves us. And it is through Him we can Eternal Life, can be clean of every sin...but the question is..How can we accept this sacrifice?"  And she said, we can accept his sacrifice by following His example-which is exactly right...we need to follow His example, in every way and aspect of our lives, and as we fully follow Him we need to be baptized the same way he was. So my point in sharing this is not to just share what she said...but I want all of you to think, How can YOU accept the sacrifice Jesus Christ did for you...in your everyday lives? 

Want you all to know I know this church is true- this is the Church of Jesus Christ, if it wasn't true, I wouldn't be out here. Jesus Christ is the way, the Light, and the Life..and truly through him we can obtain wternal life, but through his sacrifice and Atonement he didn't eliminate our personal responsibility to accept this sacrifice everyday in our lives. I love you ALL! Remember this!! =) 

And everyone go see "Meet The Mormons"!
Love Elder Baca


My pensionista and the fam I live with...they call themselves LOS PITUFOS 
(the Smurfs)

con Chewy the parrot

And eating tacos...if you wanna laugh look at the guy in the background!


No comments:

Post a Comment