Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25~ Crazy Stuff and Just Pray

Buenos Dias Familia y Amigos!! 

    Okay so first off I would just like to share all the crazy, funny stories I have had this week. So first off, my companion and I are teaching this lady (about 45) and she has a little baby...so this is never a good sign when they are holding the baby and it's fussing while we are teaching.  To make a long story short,  I am teaching a principle and everything is going good and then she lifts up her shirt and starts breastfeeding her child while I am teaching...without covering up, and I am trying so hard not to laugh and to concentrate on the lesson for about 10 mins ..and trying so hard not to laugh and my companion also... but I just lost it!  Luckily, there was some crazy music playing, so me and my companion said that we were laughing at the music and apologized and she was laughing with us. Okay so the next day, we are walking down the street and I walk by this grass field (it was in public)  (about 50X50 ft), and I look over and see a man (relieving himself), a woman squatting down using the bathroom, too, at the same time...and then a dog walks up and decides to go at the same time as the man and the woman. SO ya... stuff like this makes the days just go by fast!! haha 
     But anyways sorry, now for the spiritual and important stuff!  We have such an amazing new investigatorame! She was Catholic and right now is studying to be a dentist!  She's the type of investigator that just every commitment we invite her to do, she does (like praying, reading the BOM, etc) and she really trusts in God with everything. She's been reading the Book of Mormon and we have been teaching her a ton! SO, a lesson this week- I asked her if she believed the things we were teaching her were true, and she said yes, and I asked, "How do you know?" and she got all teary and said, "Because I feel it."  So I just want you all to know, God answers prayers, one of my favorite scriptures James 1:5, if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. Everything we teach, testify, and believe, and everything we share with other people (whether they be hard core Catholic, or don't have a relation with God) ..we invite them to do this. PRAY. A person can find out for themselves if it is true, and all they have to do is ask God, with faith, a sincere heart, and with REAL intent and I know God will answer. 

Love you all, have a great week!! I'm going hiking to TORO TORO after email today, it's a hill where you can see all of Huancayo! Have a good week!
~Elder Baca

Ryan's response if they felt the 6.9 earthquake about 180 miles south of Huancayo yesterday:
I think I was in a taxi when the earthquake happened, the people here (in Huancayo) didn't feel it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment