Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28~ Week 2 in Huancayo

This little puppy died two days later after I took this pic...got hit by a car :(




Translated: "What does the town need..."

Week 2 In Huancayo!
My companion and I have 3 baptisms this Saturday and I am super excited! This past week in Peru was called Santiago, and today is their Independecnce Day. SO for the stories.. this week there was a bunch of drunk people all over the street.. one of them kissed my hand, and another came up and shook my hand and wouldn't let go so I pushed him off me and started walking away, and then he reached into his coat pocket and I legit thought he was pulling out a gun so me and my companion in Spanish started yelling "Tranquillo!" (Chill) and it ended up just being a phone... man, did my heart skip a beat! Got bit by a dog this week but luckily I was wearing a sweater..and almost came close a 2nd time but my comp chucked his scripture case at one of them and I started like kicking at the other one! hahaha  So anyways those were some of my stories for this week!  
I finished the Book of Mormon this week! And I want to share my favorite part of the Book of Mormon! It's about Faith, Hope, and Charity. Its in Moroni Chapter 7, I'll paraphrase the scriptures but I recommend looking them up!! SO-Faith and Hope are an anchor to our souls (Ether 12:4) and if we have faith and hope then we are always doing good works, but what is faith?  Faith is having a perfect HOPE IN things that we cant see but believe (Alma 32:21) ..and what should we have Hope in? We should have hope in Jesus Christ and the power of his Atonement and eternal LIFE! And why should we have hope and faith in Jesus Christ...because Christ said if we have faith in him, we can have power to do anything (Moroni 7:33)...  and remember we can always show our faith and hope through... charity, which is the pure love of Christ (Moroni 7:47) SO always remember to love everyone even though it may be hard and to always continue to have faith and hope in this life..and when life gets hard just always remember God does miracles when we have faith..and we receive no witness of it until after the trial of our faith (Ether 12)...Christ will always be there for us when times and trials happen in our lives...and our faith and hope is tested.. Remember in the words of Christ in John 14... I will not leave you comfortless.. I will come to you!  And to continually show your charity to everyone!! IT helps! I know what I am doing right now may be hard, and tough, but I know everyone is this entire world needs to have Hope and Faith in something, and that is why I love being a missionary because I can give them and help them obtain this faith and hope! I love you all and have a good week!!!! I have Peruvian music stuck in my head 24/7 (because it plays 24/7) because of Santiago!! The week to show their love for all of God's creations here in Peru! SO go listen to some American music for me! Love you all!

Love Elder Baca


No comments:

Post a Comment