Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 1~ Proselyting in Lima Central

All in our soccer jerseys!

My favorite CCM teacher, he likes to give me extra ice cream!

Elder L.

Elder S.


Buenos Tardes Everyone! 

This week was filled with a ton of fun stuff! So first off, I was a district leader for the first 3 weeks and then got released ( they switch every 3 weeks) but then I just got called to be the Zone Leader over Zone 1 in the MTC!!  Pretty exciting (we have 2 zones now because there are 120 missionaries as of tomorrow).  SO I'm super excited for that! 

But Saturday was pretty crazy going proselyting again!  I went to a new area in the Lima Central Mission (smallest and most dangerous mission in Peru- goodluck London ;) btw) but we literally just get dropped off at this church that looks like a prison it's so gated off, and we get assigned a companion and a member.. and then we go teach less actives or just contact on the street! So I was paired up with one of  the new missionaries. I was super excited for that because I would have to do a lot of the  talking! But anyways, we were walking around trying to find these less active houses and were asking directions from this one lady... but instead of getting directions she invited us in!  It was her and her husband and this little 2 year old girl and this little boy. AND it was such a humbling experience because inside this house they had one broken couch and a table ... and that was it. SO, we sat there and taught this family the entire plan of salvation ( with the help of a member) but still... it was so amazing to bring this type of knowledge to a family that literally has nothing. We invited them all to church so I hope they came! The next lady we talked to her daughter in law was in jail, so we taught her about how the HG can comfort her and invited her to church.. and then as we were walking down this way ghetto street I see these 3 teenagers walking down the street ... all decked out with skinny jeans and Vans and DIAMOND clothing and like CALI clothes..,looked like something straight out of high school- it was so funny!!  So we went up to them and were like talking about how everyone wears those types of clothes in California, so they felt super cool.  So random!  So it was cool sharing the gospel to them! 

Then we taught this super old single guy...and all he would do is just SMILE the whole time we were talking with him, and I swear he didn't have any teeth.. and I don't think he even had a clue that there was a bat in his house that kept flying up against a window making this super loud sound, but we talked to him about faith! It was so fun walking around and just talking to everyone about this gospel! What I realized from this past week is that this gospel, and all of its teaching... really apply and can help out ANYONE!  Any type of situation or problem...can be helped by a principle within this church!  That's why I love being a missionary, because it really is amazing helping out these poor, humble people... and giving them something that can make their life happy and filled with hope! Also my two 'fake' investigators (who me and my comp have been teaching) I invited them to be baptized!  I can't wait to actually do that to real people, it will be amazing!  I love Being a missionary!  Brings me such happiness!  Love you all!  Have a good week!
CHOW! ( Peruvian way to say goodbye)
Elder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment