Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 22~ First Email from Huancayo

HUANCAYO


MY FIRST EMAIL IN THE FIELD! 

Wow, so I have so much to tell everyone! SO my first area is in Huancayo, it's called Nuevo Horizante!  And my first companion is Elder M.  from Ecuador! 


This first week has been crazy, and definitely the most humbling experience ever... and continues to be!  So my second day (*first full day) I had the opportunity to invite three kids to be baptized ages 8,10,12.. and they said yes! They are getting baptized on August 2nd and I'm super excited!  


Me and my companion have been doing work!  I just love talking to everyone about this gospel, it truly is the best thing ever!  I  love just being super outgoing even though I can't speak Spanish perfectly.  My Spanish is coming along really well though and I can understand and speak it better everyday!  I'm telling myself in 1 month I will be able to speak it SUPER well!  I have a ton of stories that I write in my journal everyday, so after 2 years I can share all of them!  But there's too much to tell haha!  Everything here is really poor, and the people are really humble and willing to learn about how their lives can be blessed through this Gospel! 


Me and my companion live on the 2nd floor of a member's house and she  cooks for us as well! The people of Huancayo are really humble, and I am excited to be here for the next 3 months or maybe more!  But there are wild dogs everywhere ..everywhere and a lot of homeless people as well! What I have noticed this past week is just how our message of hope, eternal families, and most importantly the love God and Jesus Christ have for us..really can change people's lives and more importantly..anyone's life.  And I know without a doubt the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has changed my life, and everything about it has!  I really hope everyone always counts their blessings; I wish I would have more when I was back in California because this is definitely the most humbling experience ever!  


Well I love you all!  And am always keeping my loved ones in my prayers! Hope you all have an amazing week! PERU is beautiful!


~Elder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment