Monday, July 27, 2015

July 20~ Conversos!

Wow!! This week was super stressful, but realy rewarding! I was able to baptize M. (17 years old) this past Saturday, after SO much opposition from Satan!! But it was the most rewarding experience, to see him so happy to be baptized, and confirmed.  The bishopric also gave him the Priesthood yesterday! So, I went and did divisions with M. all day yesterday, and he is looking forward to baptizing one of our investigators this Saturday!

We are expecting 2 more baptisms this week!! L., and V.!  L. is awesome! He's 30, and his future wife, K. (who he was living with) is a member of the church already! They are planing on getting married in a couple months! We had an amazing lesson with them! K., (L's gf) really wants to have an eternal family but is scared she wont be able to have kids because of her age, and when she told us this she started bawling! But my companion and I made her a promise if she lives the Law of Chastity, and they do everything to keep the Commadments, and if they wait to have kids until they are married, that the Lord will give them children. It was amazing promising them these blessings. Afterwards, I felt really impressed to share a scripture I love in Doctrine and Covenants, "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise".  So they committed to live the Law of Chastity, and to first do all the things the Lord asks of them such as having faith, repenting, keeping the commandments, being baptized,etc. It was amazing seeing the hope and the faith Kelli had in the promise and for the action she is taking to come back to church, and for her fiance to be baptized this Saturday! 

There have been many moments in my life when I have been happy, but I honestly have never been this happy in my life to be here in the mission, to be serving the Savior, and to be an Instrument in Gods hands to help his children be happy and return to him! 

Love you all,
Elder Baca





THEN
Elder Morales (from Argentina) has changed my life.
Some of his catch phrases he says in English:
"Its crazy man"
Your life is farts
Together!
Teamwork!
I will sweep the room

And his classic Micheal Jackson face!


No comments:

Post a Comment