Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22~ The Cross


Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic Father's Day week as well! 

My companion from Tijuana got changed this past week, but my new companion is 
Elder Angel from Baja California! He was born in the same city dad served his mission in, Guadalajara!

This past week was amazing! A lot of spiritual experiences and experiences that I will never forget. Well, Pday last week we hiked up to the "cruz", it was prettty rough not going to lie! Just super steep, and it took all Pday to do it practically. But we made it! 

Also, we were able to help out a couple families this past week with the problems they had. The past couple months we have been helping a less active family come back to church, so we went to their house this past week to talk about temples. The father of the home thinks his family isnt ready because they have so many family problems and his kids don't like him at all. So we basically had a family council with them explaining the blessing that comes from being patient, and having love in the home. The father started getting a little emotional because he was just saying he is hard on his kids because he doesnt want them to have to grow up and live in a tiny room like he does with his family. We expalined the purpose of love between the family even more, and finally at the end of the lesson I asked the father, "When was the last time you told your daughter you loved her?" After that moment, he started thinking and said, I dont remember. After that we got the whole family together, and told the Father to hold the hand of his wife, to tell his wife and each one of his four kids that you love them. So the whole family gathered around the father and he started getting emotional from saying I love you to his little kids and his wife, but when he got to his daughter, he looked at her and said "I love you" and just broke down crying, and so did his daughter. It was probably one of the most special moments I have had on my mission. After that we put goals with the family, something my parents taught me that before going to sleep every night, the Husband and Wife need to hug their kids and tell them I love them, after saying a family prayer. Something, I really learned from this experience, is that the Gospel really helps families. That our homes really should be filled with love, instead of contention, because the spirit of contention is "not mine", but is from the devil" I really know families are the most important thing, I am so grateful for mine, and I know love at home, is one of the best things we can have. It helps us to learn, and grown, and be united as family.
Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Baca


The cross above Huanuco

Elder Evans, one of my best buds in the mission, he is a quarter Japanese too!

Surfing on a rock


No comments:

Post a Comment