Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1~ Hump Day!

Well, I will complete one year in the mission this Wednesday! It is so crazy how fast this year went by. I can honestly say the mission as changed by life. Before the mission I was honestly not too excited on going- leaving family, friends, school, xbox, food, or whatever it was. It was a sacrifice leaving all these things, but I can testify with all my heart that my Heavenly Father has blessed me a hundredfold. I can honestly say, I know my Heavenly Father Loves me and loves everyone, and for that he sent his Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins and take upon himself our weaknesses, our pains, sufferings, heartache, He knows everything, and for that he is able to succor us. He is able to give us divine strength and help to become more like him. He is able to provide us with his Grace. I know the Book of Mormon testifies of him, of his life, and his miracles and teachings, and his divine help as well. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and I really do love it, something I didn't really know before. I know the Gospel changes lives, I have seen that so much over the course of this past year, I know it changes lives because it has changed my life and the lives of the people here in Peru. I know what I am doing is not really a sacrifice for me anymore, because my Heavenly Father is blessing me so much, everyday. I have felt His love so much out here, and the love he has for each and every person. The mission has been the best thing for me, I have learned so much, have grown a ton, but I can honestly say it has made me converted to this Gospel.I know without a doubt these things are true! I Love you all and thanks so much for your support! One down, one to go! (I'm hoping this next year goes by slower, but idk if my mom will agree with that)

Love you all,
Elder Baca

Also,
Funny thing happened this week, this old guy that's 88 years old was sitting next to me on his couch while I was teaching his family, and he fell asleep with his beany over his face and started to snore, so I tapped him on his leg like come on wake up! you need to listen, and all his does his lift the beany a little bit up, looks at me half asleep, and starts waving his arms ( like the refs do when its an incomplete pass) and groans ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and puts his beany back over his head and goes back to sleep snoring. Not laughing during that lesson was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment