Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jan 12~ Lluviendo


sweatshirt i bought in Tarma for 10 soles ($3) with a caution bulldog sign  hahaha

Hey Everyone! 
The weeks are flying by in the mission now! So some sad news, one of the senior missionaries passed away this week, Elder Kirby Jones. It was so crazy because 3 weeks ago when I went to the jungle (La Merced) I was talking to him for awhile about how he served in the Mission Presidency in Washington state and about how my Grandparents will be serving a senior mission as well, and he was totally healthy. Then he got really sick the week after Christmas and unfortunatly passed away last night. It was a honor meeting him just before he passed away, and I know without a doubt he served the Lord with all his heart. 

The mission is flying by now! It rains here all day everyday, so the days blend in! haha The weeks feel like days, but every day I am out here I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord and to be doing His work. Last week for Pday we went and visited this huge Virgin Statue that overlooks a city called Concepcion! It was pretty sweet. Everything is going good in my new area in Huancayo with the missionary I am training! Finding some new people to teach, and everything is looking good! 

My message this week is always remember that Christ gives us the comfort, the hope, and the strength needed to survive the Whirlwinds of life. (Ether 12:4) I really know that without a doubt. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Baca

Hey Mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Yah so first off, Ill tell you about our investigators when we got solid ones hahahah !! Things are looking up though! And ya Elder Jones passed away, it was the weirdest strangest thing to hear that because I was JUST talking to him when I was in La Merced, but it really must have been his time.
The area is awesome! Super pretty, my pension is awesome, prob the best pension in the entire mission seriously. She is handicapped, like can't walk and is like a grandma to me! Her daughter cooks for us as well, is pregnant and is married to a Chinese dentist named LING! He's way sick(cool), and has his small lil dental office in my pension's house! In other news, outside my house...we got this guy that blasts american music,,,like good music..so at times its like this guy needs to turn off his music! Crazy hahah!  AND JD IS 21! So crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your last bday in the field with him! I still got 2 more hahah! 

Yesterday gave a talk about mission work...how members can share the gospel more effectively!! Used a lot of stuff from that book you sent me mom! About using mormon words in daily conversations,..what is a successful member missionary... went really good! Well I bet it'll feel like in 3 days I'll be writing you guys again! Love you all!!!!!!!!! The fam!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Baca!

No comments:

Post a Comment