Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sept 7~ Peru and "Kansas City!"

!Hola! 

This week was a pretty entertaining week! Pday we made cheeseburgers and played some american football which was super fun! We have a member who is awesome! Hes our 2nd counselor and loves gringos so he always invites us to "Brothers".  He always comes up to my comp and I and asks us "Cuando vamos a tomar el Brother?" which means "When are we going to drink the Brother?", and then flips his fingers up like we are going to drink alcohol or something hahahaha. The famous Brother is just a classic Coca~cola. Other phrases this member says everytime he sees me is "Freaking Cowboy! English Course! Kansas City! ALRIGHT!" hahahaha  It cracks me up every time!

With my zone and with some members from the ward we did something called the "mesa misional". We basically just took a bunch of tables and put them around the park with a ton of cards and pamphlets and just talked with everyone! It was a great success! Everyone was super interested about who we are and what we do as missionaries. It was pretty sweet!

My comp and I gave a zone training on Pride last week. I learned a lot about it this week and its something everyone has! Pride is the origin of sin, It means putting our will before God's will. Its root is enmity, or in other terms "hatred toward, hostility to, or a state of opposition" in the words of President Kimball. Its something everyone has, and the only way to cure it is by being humble, which is accepting the will of God. Thats something I feel I have really tried to work on in the mission is not being prideful, its hard at times, but I know being humble and loving others despite the issues we may have with them, only makes us better people and more like Jesus Christ! Have a great week! 

Les quiero! 
Elder Baca

A pic drinking the Brother, and the aftermath of the "mesa misional" with some Elders from my zone!







No comments:

Post a Comment