Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sept 21~ Cerro Beat Boxing

What up what up what up everybody! 
Calling in from 14,000 ft! This week was awesome! We worked super hard! We put a goal of 20 lessons with an investigator with a member present, and at 7:30 last night we were able to get!! 

A crazy experience we had this week. WOW. We are teaching this guy named I. who is a drug addict, and does like gang like stuff with his friends (Saturday he robbed a guys cell phone point blank with a gun, the cops came and beat him up with their batons) , anyways we are helping him try to overcome his addiction. He really wants to, he even came a church a couple times. Well, we had a lesson with him last week, turns out at the end of the lesson he wants to do a freestyle rap with his brother to thank us for coming. Let me just tell you, it was one of the sickest raps, he calls us the Misioneros, los sabios, which translates to the wise Missionaries. He freestyled for about 3 mins, and then his brother started freestyling about us for another 3-4 mins. It was so sick hahaha! Cool experience! 

Something I learned this week, 

Prayer is powerful. It literally is communication with our Heavenly Father. We can Pray for comfort, for answers, for others, for anything. I know that prayer is powerful and our Heavenly Father always listens to us, but answers us in many ways, in his own due time! (Alma 37:37) 

1. I am warm at night, (sleeping bag), have hot water, have everything! My pension is sweet! She owns a soup rest. So lots of soup, and we buy our own breakfast, making lots of scrambled egggs, cereal, protein shakes! 
2. It took me a couple days but now I am perfectly fine! We go lift weights 3 times a week and the other days i do p90x, and I bought some protein powder, and am eating like crazy so I am in good shape! 
3. all the kids have rosy burnt cheeks! We call it the Cerro Cheeks! The people are really cold, the members are good, but I love the people here! So many fun experiences! everyone and there dog works in the mine, 14 days straight and 7 days rest!  
4. Its dog city, super dangerous in parts because they attack in packs, but I have my dog TASER so Im always good!

Im loving the mish, everyday I try working hard, REALLY tired but the mission is satisfying. ONE PURPOSE.

I am loving Cerro! The ward is good! The Bishop is awesome! Older, but pilas (batteries, lots of energy), Im loving it! crazy.... I got 8 months left, time is flying. I love you guys!! We have room checks from Pres today, so we will have Pday tomorrow! Yah! Love you! 

Love you all!  Elder Baca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment