Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24~ S U D A M E R I C A

Here's some pics of Y.'s baptism, and a pic with my comp Elder Angel, and some of our converts


Recent converts V.(left) and M.(right) 


Que tal mis causas,

Whats up everyone?  I lied. This past week was the fastest week I have had on my mission! It was a crazy week! This past week was the most lessons we've have taught in one week in my entire mission! It was insane, but it is the most rewarding experience. "Y." (23) got baptized last Saturday despite all the opposicion from her fam and friends. It was a sweet baptismal service, but there is always some crazy party going on outside while we have a baptism service. The last baptism I had there was no party... but some crazy lady walked into the baptismal service during the closing prayer and started saying super weird stuff. hahahaa oh Peru. 

Funny experience, as missionaries everyone knows us, especially the drug addicts and the crazy drunks that sleep in the street, and everyone wants our help.  On Wednesday, I was walking through the "hill" part of our area and some old guy starts screaming "Elders come help me!". So we went to help the old man, and we went up to the 4th story of a building where he lived. So he looks at me with a rope and tells me, "I want you to tie this rope around your body and jump off the 4th story and into the 3rd story window and unlock the door because I left my key inside, and I will tie the other end of the rope around my body and everything will be good, I can hold you up (says the 5 foot Peruvian man that is about 75 years old and weighs about 115). So, I did it.

Nah, are you kidding me. I felt bad because I was thinking about it until I realized I would fall 4 stories and land on some really sharp fence spikes, and not only would I die, but the old man would get launched a solid 2 miles in the air and fall to his death as well. I am grateful for the gift of common sense, and the old man learned a great lesson about patience, because eventually the landlord came and unlocked his door a couple hours later. 

Well, something I learned this week is that when my Heavenly Father lets me know something, and expects me to do it, it really motivates me to do it, and to be diligent and tenacious in completing the task. I mean every night as a missionary we plan for the next day, and the Lord really lets us know what we should do. So the next day when we get up and are getting ready to go run around in the streets of Huanuco Peru, we are able to help as many people as we can with life's issues and problems, and really give them the solution to life's problems- the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I always remind myself that My Heavenly Father wants me to be here as a missionary. He wants me to help his children be happy and to return to him, and I am so very grateful for that responsibility I have.  I love you all, I know each one of you have goals and aspirations, but I know without a doubt our Heavenly Father has a purpose for each one of us and that is to become like our Savior Jesus Christ, and I know God gives us the strength and power to do that. 

~Elder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment