Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17~ Time Flies. Rocks Fall.

Hey everyone! 
Wow, I cant believe it is Monday already! My comp and I worked liked maqinas (machines) this past week! That is always the best feeling! We had like 32 lessons this past week! I was dying yesterday I felt like I was in the last 100m of a 400m race or something! But I have to say, this was the fastest week of my mission!  

We have a baptism this week! Her name is Y., she was an investigator from the sister missionaries but they passed her over to us to teach when they left the area a month ago. She is awesome! She has had a ton of challenges in her life and is really looking forward to her baptism! 

 I forgot to tell you all! Last week while I was in Huancayo (7 hour drive via taxi), I was putting all my stuff in the trunk of the taxi outside the mission office and I heard this loud sound (I first thought it was ice falling from the roof) but it wasn't ice, it was a pile of rocks falling from the sky!! (There was a building under construction by the mission office). So a rock just went straight through the back windshield of the car, and a dozen rocks just fell all around me.  I didn't get hit at all!! Spiritual (and physical) protection. Here's a pic to recap the experience! Nah but I am way grateful the Lord protects his missionaries!

Something I have learned this past week is about the importance of goals! Goals reflect our desires. Don't ever change the goal...just change the plan to reach it! Do it!! 

I love you guys! Thanks for your support and prayers!  Have a great week! 
Elder Baca


The taxi




A pic from another missionary mom-Elder Baca and Elder Heron.
 Look at the cool scripture case Elder Heron was able to make with an old crank sewing machine. He made it the colors of the Peru flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment