Monday, February 23, 2015

Feb 23~ When Lightning Strikes!

Eating 50 cent hamburgers and fries

With Elder Leonard (friends from the CCM)

Hey Everyone!

So this week flew by again! We had a great week!  D. is getting baptized this Saturday and we have like 5 baptisms programmed for March, so I am way excited! We are working way hard! 

SO something crazy this week. Here in Huancayo we always get a bunch of random lightning storms! So I was on divisions with Elder Herron from my District and the lightning started and we were walking... and lightning struck about a block in front of us! So sketch!!!! It was the loudest thing ever!!! 

And also funny story this week. So in one of the areas in my District, they have this overweight  investigator that is like hiding from the Police, idk why...... but we went to visit him and he has this huge lock on the outside of his door! So we got the impression that no one was home!  But we peaked through the window and we saw him laying on his bed! SO I yelled his name and was like, We are the missionaries! We want to visit you!  And he didnt move....and then I yelled Hermano!! We see your feet!! And when I said that, he slowly moved his feet out of our sight and slowly put them under his covers!! hahahahahah I was dying for about 10 mins!! Idk how he ever got out of his house or if hes still locked in there??

Anyways, something I realized on my mission. There are two things people need to experience to really change, or be converted spiritually . The first the power of the Atonement, and the second, the power of the Holy Ghost (a witness from God). The message we take to the world as missionaries is that Jesus Christ lives, and only through his Atonement and His gospel we can be changed. Any type of sorrow, challenge, problem, or sin we have, can only be fixed through the power of the Atonement. The feelings we receive from the Holy Ghost as we are healed by the our Savior Jesus Christ is a spiritual witness that we are changing, or have changed. I have felt this personally in my life and know without a doubt that my Savior lives, and loves us. But the question is What can we do everyday to change or become better, to change or to better ourselves spiritually or physically? Its something we need to do everyday to become the people that God wants us to become, but it doesnt happen overnight, its a process! 

I love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Baca

Hey Mamacita!! Yah I'm awesome!!!!!! I was sick yesterday but doing better today!  Como estas!!! I'm feeling great!! Loving the life as a missionary without a doubt!!!!!! BEST ADVICE THAT I RECEIVED was from dad when he told me to get lost in the work!! I feel the same way as these elders it's crazy! Thats awesome you guys had that panel!  - okay answers!

1. Our ward has about 100 people that assist. Ward council is awesome! We are getting a new Bishop this week bc the old one moved
2. D., she lives below us, is the godchild of our pension
3. And idk what happened to her! She's been like that her whole life I think! She needs a cane 24/7! Hma Estella! and her daughter is good! They went to Lima this week! H. is my best friend! It's going to be sad when I leave!
4. My distirct- I have Elder Torres (Honduras) Elder Herron(Reno NV) Hma Silvester (Texas) and Hma Lopez (mexico city)


No comments:

Post a Comment