Monday, November 17, 2014

Nov 17~ Cambios and Borrachos

Hey Everyone!! 
Hope everyone is doing good! So tomorrow we have changes and it's like 95% sure I'm leaving because I already have 3 changes here!  I'm so bummed to go, because our investigators T. ( no not the Black Rapper) and E., are getting baptized next Saturday. Its probably the hardest thing for a missionary to teach someone all the lessons and have these amazing investigators, and then to get your area switched :(  But its so sad because all of our investigators are like saying in their prayers when we finish a lesson, "te pido que Elder Baca puede quedarse aqui en Huancayo por algunas meses mas" (I ask you God that Elder Baca can stay for more time) or they have all been saying to me in the saddest voice "no se vaya" (don't go..). Or other people telling me that they are going to cry when I leave! hahahah!  It's pretty sad, not going to lie because I am way used to everything here and everyone, but I will go wherever God wants me to go and I'm just happy our investigators are getting baptized!  I'm not too bummed, because my mission is awesome! Im pretty sure Ill find amazing people that are ready to hear our message in any area, and Im pretty sure I'll find peeing drunk guys that know English in about every area also!  I'm starting my SISTER mission this week actually (18 months to go). It was really a humbling week for me week...our pension told us that before her and her fam joined the church she was physically and verbally abused by her husband, her was a super drunk, and they literally lived on a dirt floor...but it all changed when 2 missionaries knocked on her door. Now her husband is the nicest guy ever and they have the best fam...crazy how the gospel can change people. At times our investigators call us doctors or psychologists because we help people out with just about any problem..but I don't know if I could help people out with their problems, major problems, without the Gospel. So yes, everyday out here is humbling and it'll take me about 2 years to just type all the experiences and lessons I have learned!  But what we do as missionaries changes lives! And families! I'm a witness of that!

So to inform you all what a normal encounter with a drunk guy in Peru is like (there are so many just about any where you go, and any time). So usually it starts out with a bunch of fat drunk guys yelling in English..." HEY GRINGO" or "HEY Mr" or " GOOD MORNING" ..and then it follows with usually a pretty drunk statement like ..." You need to pay me, Im the boss of Peru" or "you know I'm a UFC cage fighter feel my muscles"  Or, a bunch of spiritual questions like "I want to change, I want to change help me" followed by a lot of religious questions.. and then its usually followed by a lot of crying and hugging attempts. And then usually a couple hours later I see the same drunk guy passed out in the grass....yep so now you all know what a normal day in the streets of Peru is like!

Also I got my head shaved by this mullet lady last week..so yep in other news, I look like my beautiful dad Dave Baca:)
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!  
Trompo Master


 


Killing that rice with my Taco Bell sauce!!!
Mom, GETTING ME TRUNKY WITH THESE TEMPLE PICS!!!! haha BUENOS Dias! Okay first of all I can't believe Jarred finished a year already! And Im freaking out Alex Boye is coming to talk to everyone! HOW? I love his music! So crazy!  It seems like you are pretty busy with everything...just a question has in Ward Council? That's been the huge stress here in Suda America is about ward council!  But now ours are pretty good! But yea I have cambios..usually an elder sticks around in a area for 2-3 cambios max! Im super excited to get to know the mission!! Oh and my pension this week she bought me this sandals as well as some for you! aahah! SO I'll give them to you in 2 years but that was nice of her! Yah but the weeks are starting to legit fly by now!  like I'm already a 1/4 done with my mish!!!!!!!!  AND I feel like i have so much more to learn and everything- i feel like i am spiritually maturing and getting way humbled everyday! Love you! Hope you have a good week and thanks for the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love, Chimee!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment