Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Oct 5~ Cerrito

Los Brothers and Las Sisters! 

My companion and I call everyone el Brother or La Sister in a super Latin accent hahah. 

Well, another cold, but fulfilling week here in Cerro de Pasco. I know that God has called me to be here, not for what I have done, or the accomplishments I have had so far in my life or in the mission, but it is because he needs to work THROUGH me here in Cerro. Thats something I have learned here in the mission, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached by the weak.  Many times as missionaries we feel inadequate, I mean we are 18, 19, 20, 21 year olds that have High School experience and little training, I have felt that a ton on my mish. But the miracles I have seen here so far have changed me. Its a cause and an effect reaction our here in the mish.  I know through the Lord, he can make weak things strong. I know if we at least try our best, our efforts will be accompanied by the power of God. I honestly have seen that and bear witness that God blesses his children through the missionaries. I mean, it could be a little hard to grasp the concept that God can bless us through two white guys that look Nerdy and wear bicycle helmets, and walk around in shirts and ties all day, but its the truth. The message we share as Missionaries is so important, that if we take the time to listen to it, ponder about it, and ask God if it is true, HE himself will make us know. As missionaries we arent here to convince, thats Gods job. We are just here to Invite and Share. I am a Missionary, and can honestly tell you all that there are miracles that happen out here everyday in the mission field, confirming that this is Gods Work. I am so happy for this time I have had so far, and I thank you all for the support you are giving me! Love you all so much! Have a great week!

I got to watch Conference in the highest stake center in the world! It was awesome! It was a spiritually party (as my old bishop would say in Huanuco). I learned a ton! Im going to make that a habit now memorizing scrips once a week! It will be sweet to see how many verses I know it 20 years if I start this week! Im going to start with Moroni 7:45, the theme of Pres Monson (charity)!  Something i really have noticed here in the mission- I cant pin point in my life where I knew all of this was true? Where I gained a testimony, I mean i know it was here in the mission, about everything, but I know its been line upon line precept upon precept. Some advice I would give to you all (especially Ethan and Ellie) is to keep reading the book of Mormon over and over! I am finishing up my 3rd time here in the mish, and have learned so much! Sometimes I feel bad, I mean I was the kid that didnt go to Seminary much and had like 1 scripture mastery, but knowledge is really a blessing and Im grateful for what I am learning here! That talk by Elder Bednar blew my mind, it was so amazing, really being seasoned in the gospel is a blessing. Thats something I want to strive for throughout my life. I loved something Pres. Uchtdorf said, the Gospel is so simple a child can understand it, but so profound it takes a lifetime to learn it  -something like that! 
Also something that really impacted me this week hearing the Prophet of our Heavenly Father speak, Pres Monson it was something so simple and powerful, "Keep the commandments." Thats my message to you, if you want to be happy and be blessed temporally and spiritually, do what God says! 

Peace! Elder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment