Thursday, October 22, 2015

Oct 19~ Oye Gringo!

Well the title of my email has to tie in with an experience I had this week! 

Just so you all know, there are 2 white people (from the U.S.) in all of Cerro de Pasco, myself and another sister missionary. SO when the Peruvians see me, they always just start yelling GRINGO!!!! ( it means white man), seeing a white person here is like seeing an alien seriously. So this past week, we were walking in the sketchy part of our area to an appointment we had, and out of no where this guy that looks a lil' tipsy starts yelling at me "OYE GRINGO!" so I looked at him, and went up and started to talk to him. His name is Polo (shirt in Spanish), anyways he seemed like he wasnt too interested in why we were here as missionaries.  I invited him to church and he left. On Sunday, probably the worst feeling a missionary can have is when no one shows up to Church, I was feeling disappointed because with my Comp we worked super hard this week. So I said a little prayer, praying that someone would come to church. Literally like a couple minutes after that prayer, I see Polo walk in all dressed up and sits down in the bench, and then 2 more investigators walk in as well! It was a prayer answered seriously, and they all stayed for the 3 hours of church and had an amazing time!


 SO what I learned this week- inviting is our responsibility, as missionaries, or as members. We just need to invite. I mean the worst that can happen is that our friends or family say No ( if your in the US), or if your in Cerro de Pasco you can tick off an  Evangelist grandma and have her run inside to go call her elderly husband to beat you up ( btw that happened to us yesterday, we took off running hahaha the elderly are sketchy here). The choice is yours! 

We found a sweet fam as well this week along with a couple other sweet investigators, changes are tomorrow so I am looking forward to staying here in Cerro! Love you all! God bless! 

¡Elder Baca! 

That lady's coming back next week!! She left because she works out of town, but in other news we got some solid investigators now!! Im looking forward to telling you more about them! SO happy you got to do the work for your ancestor! Its awesome! Im grateful for Grandpa Tom, Ive showed some peeps my arbol (tree) and the freaked out! -Im about 165 pound now! Yes ive lost about 20...crazy. But its okay i am hittin it hard at the gym! THe weather is rough here. The cold literaly burns!! I love you guys so much! Time is flying seriously. Im like the old guy in the mish now, seriously its scaring me! hahah  
Love you mom!   Elder Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment